The quotes below are from people who were born in the month of January. Determine who said each one and fill in the blanks with their names. The word formed in the green squares is the final answer.
1. To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction.
2. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
3. A lot of people don't realize I came out of the Smoky Mountains with a load of songs.
4. Rock and roll music, if you like it, if you feel it, you can't help but move to it. That's what happens to me. I can't help it.
5. I want to know why the universe exists, why there is something greater than nothing.
6. I've said this time and again: My greatest concern coming into the White House was making sure my girls came out whole and normal, and decent and kind, just like I would expect them to if we were living on the South Side of Chicago. And it takes work to keep White House life normal for the kids.
7. There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism.
8. All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
9. Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
Help Séamus the leprechaun find his way to the pot of gold. The number in the square in which Séamus stands indicates the number of squares he must move either horizontally or vertically. After landing in a new square, he may change direction but the direction can only be horizontal or vertical, never diagonal. Find the shortest path to the gold. The numbers he stops on (starting with the one he is currently on) is the answer to the puzzle.
1) Alien that phoned home
2) Italian for 3
4) Wooden case
Each word in the pyramid has the letters of the word above it plus a new letter. The letters added at each step form a new word. What is that word?
The document being signed in the painting was used as a cipher by Thomas J. Beale to encode a document describing the location of a treasure. Using that cipher, decode the following:
2 10 52 7 13 37 10 15 7 10 4 37
Once upon a time there were three Siblings, Wesley, Wanda and Whitney.
Wesley Wanted to drive to Nashville in a Navy Navigator.
Nashville was Not Natural enough for the other two.
So the two Sisters Encouraged their brother to join them on a drive East to the Everglades.
Wesley agreed and by Wednesday they had were only Six hundred and Seventy Six miles away.
The Everglades were Enchanting but the Siblings were Exhausted from their long trip.
By Nighttime, No one was awake. They dreamed of Ending their Expedition and going home. The End.
In this maze you can step only to a face that is looking directly at you. Start on the happy face and step any distance in a row or column to a scary face. Then alternate happy, scary, happy, scary... etc. The aim is to reach the scary face at the finish.
For example, the only valid first step is to the scary face on square 9. There are then three possible moves (6, 8 or 19) for the second move. After that you are on your own!